Mujereslibresyenpaz – Water jasmine, as the name suggests, is a plant that grows and lives in aquatic habitats. This plant with the Latin name Echinodorus palaefolius has small white flowers like jasmine flowers. However, apparently this flower is not a member of the jasmine family.
This plant belongs to the Alismataceae family, which is an aquatic plant that has flowers. Nevertheless, in Indonesia this plant is called water jasmine because the shape and color of the flowers are similar to jasmine flowers.
In fact, you can follow how to take care of jasmine flowers so that they bloom quickly. Likewise, how to care for mini potted jasmine flowers so that they bloom quickly.
This aquatic plant is beautifully shaped and will make an amazing aquatic ornamental plant. In addition, this plant is also diligent in flowering and does not know the season. Even so, water jasmine plants have leaves that are fairly easy to stress.
See the following description of how to plant and care for water jasmine.
How to plant water jasmine
Here is a complete guide on how to grow water jasmine plants that you can follow. Maybe this step is different from how to grow Japanese jasmine:
- The first step is to prepare the necessary tools and materials. You will need a pot with no holes in the bottom, planting medium, and a cluster of water jasmine.
- The soil that is used for planting water jasmine can use a fine soil, but it would be even better if you use a clay substrate. Put this soil medium in the pot up to a third, then add manure or it can be replaced with compost on the soil medium that has been inserted
- Once the planting medium is ready, insert the water jasmine cluster into the planting medium. Make sure this cluster is covered with soil, then compact the middle of the soil
- When finished, rinse the soil with water so that the water jasmine plant can grow and develop well and healthy.
- Place the jar in a cool place and not exposed to direct sunlight. This is done to prevent the leaves of the plants which can become stressed or dry out if exposed to direct sunlight.
- Water jasmine plants, as planting media, with copious amounts of water. You can also grow this plant in an aquatic environment. The trick is to make a planting hole and then go into the roots of the water jasmine. This root position is cultivated in such a way that it can spread throughout the area of the pond.
- After inserting the jasmine roots into the hole, fill the basin with water to half the height of the plant. But do not let the top or the leaves of the plant sink in the water, as they can rot. You can check out how to convert land plants to water plants.
How to take care of water jasmine
Here is a complete guide on how to care for water jasmine plants so that they can grow well and healthy which you can follow, it will be different from how to care for bamboo water plants.
You have to be careful with this method of maintenance because, as mentioned above, this plant can flourish well but the leaves are easily stressed:
- Make sure the plant is getting enough water, but don’t allow the tops of the plant or the leaves to fill with water.
- Place the plant in a cool place and not exposed to direct sunlight.
- Fertilize once a month
Hence an explanation on how to plant and care for water jasmine. Hope it is useful and can increase the knowledge of readers.